GoToQuiz Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soap Advice

Go down

Soap Advice Empty Soap Advice

Post  Horseluver Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:39 pm

My advice is on characters. You have to have well developed and believable characters in your role plays, not the same perfect character every time. Mix it up, experiment, it makes it more fun that way.

Give them flaws, don't make them perfect in every way. Perfect characters aren't real and can be SUPER annoying.
And in the same way, don't make a character absolutely terrible, with no talents or redeeming qualities. By all means give your characters talent, looks, or a fun personality, just don't let it be the center of them.

When you're describing your character, if you aren't using a link to a picture, use descriptive words. Actually show what they look like, and avoid using words like "hot" "cute" or "sexy". It makes you seem like you're selfishly flattering your character, and it's not giving the other person a good idea of what they look like.

And finally, keep your hand to your own character(s). There is nothing, in my opinion, that's more annoying than someone else trying to control the other person's character. For example, saying something like, "And as I walked by him, I could tell my beauty had left an impression on him." That's overly flattering your own character, and trying to control the other. Leave the other's ALONE.
Horseluver
Horseluver
Novice

Location : The islands of Faial and Pico. Yeah, at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Soap Advice Empty Re: Soap Advice

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:56 am

DON'T FORGET MARY SUES AND GARY SUES OR WHATEVER THEY'RE CALLED!

THOSE ARE SOOOOO ANNOYING!! D:

Back to top Go down

Post  Horseluver Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:04 pm

Any other soap advice you have would be really cool flower
Horseluver
Horseluver
Novice

Location : The islands of Faial and Pico. Yeah, at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down